3-year-old girl hospitalized after eating Halloween candy mixed with schizophrenia medication – Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News

November 1, 2019

November 1, 2019

(WHDH) — A 3-year-old girl was rushed to the hospital after she accidentally ingested anti-psychotic medication that was mixed in with Halloween candy.

Tara Robe told 7NEWS Australia that she thought her daughter Abbey was “going to die” after she fell ill while trick-or-treating in Melbourne on Thursday night.

When Abbey Robe fell behind the group she was out with, her mother reportedly found her coughing with a bag of pill-shaped “lollies” that she had eaten from.

“When she went into the ambulance, that’s when I couldn’t wake her up,” Tara Robe told the news outlet. “I thought she was going to die.”

Abbey Robe is believed to have ingested medication that is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

The young girl has since returned home from the hospital.

Police believe the scare was an isolated incident.


(Copyright (c) 2019 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.