” The irregular sleep frequently related to sleeping disorders can cause agitation and anxiety in senior patients,” said Michael J. Hennessy Jr., president of MJH Life Sciences ™, moms and dad company of AJMC®. “Our panel of professionals, led by Dr. Peter L. Salgo, will discuss some efficient and safe treatment choices for elderly patients who experience sleeping disorders.”
This AJMC® “Peer Exchange” panel features five recognized experts:
- Peter L. Salgo, M.D., professor of medicine and anesthesiology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and associate director of surgical extensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, as moderator.
- Sanford H. Auerbach, M.D., director of the Sleep Disorders Center and the Sleep Medicine Fellowship Training Program; associate teacher of neurology, psychiatry and behavioral neurosciences; Boston University School of Medicine.
- Nicole Brandt, M.D., Pharm.D., MBA, BCPP, BCGP, FASCP, executive director of the Peter Lamy Center on Drug Therapy and Aging, professor of drug store practice and science, University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Pharmacy.
- Karl Doghramji, M.D., medical director of the Jefferson Sleep Disorders Center and program director of the sleep medication fellowship, Thomas Jefferson University.
- Gary L. Johnson, M.D., M.S., MBA, medical director, Managed Care Consultants.
The “Peer Exchange” will explore sleeping disorders, specifying the typical causes of the condition in elderly patients. Furthermore, the expert panel will go over the neurological conditions that often cause an increased danger of insomnia in elderly individuals. It will likewise cover treatment alternatives for insomnia as laid out by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine standards, consisting of cognitive behavior modification, over the counter medicines and prescription treatment options. Obstacles in the management of insomnia in elderly clients, especially those with neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s illness, will likewise be gone over.
®) is a multimedia peer-reviewed, MEDLINE-indexed journal that keeps industry leaders on the leading edge of health policy by sharing digital research study appropriate to industry decision-makers.
®. The “Peer Exchange” will delve into sleeping disorders, defining the normal causes of the condition in elderly clients. It will also cover treatment alternatives for sleeping disorders as detailed by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine guidelines, consisting of cognitive behavioral treatment, over-the-counter medicines and prescription treatment choices. ®) is a multimedia peer-reviewed, MEDLINE-indexed journal that keeps industry leaders on the leading edge of health policy by sharing digital research pertinent to industry decision-makers.